ReefBot, You've Changed

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-03 at 10.41.27.jpeg

“ReefBot, you’ve changed”, said the unsuspecting human user, as he explored and experimented with numerous features that weren’t there when he first got his machine. Drama aside though, it’s true; the ReefBot is always changing.

We are always looking for new ways to make the ReefBot better, to improve its performance, convenience, and accuracy. And every time we finish working on a new feature, our software team upgrades all the existing ReefBots through remote software updates. This is why ReefBot users sometimes wake up and discover new features that weren’t when they went to sleep!

In addition to continuous reliability improvements and bug fixes, we have added numerous updates and features to the ReefBot since it was first released about 6 months ago. Below, you can read about some of the major ones.

1) Defining safe regions for your graphs: We have taken out the guess work for the many reefers who are new to the hobby and are still learning the trade. This feature enables the ReefBot users to clearly interpret their results without any external aid, in addition to providing them with a safe range as a reference so they can better plan their dosing.

2) Adding user-defined alarms to notify the user if results are out of bounds: This feature further enhances the flexibility and convenience of the ReefBot, by allowing users to receive notifications when the results come out outside the range that they have defined. This is very useful for reefers who have super busy professional lives and want to make sure they never miss a test result that requires them to take action to remedy the negative result and keep their aquatic life safe and healthy.

3) Ability to predict the number of tests remaining: This feature helps all users further take out the guess work when it comes to resupplying reagents, so they can plan their test kits shopping accordingly.

4) Tracking syringe usage and notifying users when it needs to be replaced: Like all consumables, the syringe needs to be replaced at some point. But given the prime importance of this specific consumable, we want you to know exactly when you need to get a new one, so your testing doesn’t get interrupted.

5) We have added live chat and support portal directly on the app: Facing any issues with your ReefBot? You can now contact us for help with the click of a button, using the same application that you use for testing. We have specialized teams of chemists, software programmers, and robotics engineers to resolve any issue your having!

As always, if you have any question or feedback for us, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would love to hear from you!

Download the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App:
apple-store.pnggoogle-play.png

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do i need to be directly connected via cat5 to my router to get the automatic updates of does the updates occur through wifi?

and

How do I set alarms on the app?

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I need is a UDP message broadcast from the device with a message structure detailing current values and I would happily buy one today.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I need is a UDP message broadcast from the device with a message structure detailing current values and I would happily buy one today.
@ZaneTer can you elaborate what you mean? specifically "detailing current values "

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ZaneTer can you elaborate what you mean? specifically "detailing current values "
I am after a UDP message to be broadcast over Ethernet. Ideally it would be something like a 10 value array corresponding with the test results for each test. The message need only be update once an hour or something. It could be transmitted as a floating point value (32bit) or as an integer (16bit) as hundredths of PPM.
for example PO4 could be directly transmitted as 0.086PPM ( floating point) or as 86 for an integer.

I want to tie it directly to my controller for full automatic and self adjusting control.

I prefer a UDP message as it is a single sided broadcast and would require no connection configuration within the reefbot

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am after a UDP message to be broadcast over Ethernet. Ideally it would be something like a 10 value array corresponding with the test results for each test. The message need only be update once an hour or something. It could be transmitted as a floating point value (32bit) or as an integer (16bit) as hundredths of PPM.
for example PO4 could be directly transmitted as 0.086PPM ( floating point) or as 86 for an integer.

I want to tie it directly to my controller for full automatic and self adjusting control.

I prefer a UDP message as it is a single sided broadcast and would require no connection configuration within the reefbot
now that would be a very very cool thing to be able to do. Although I admit its over my head. but i for one would love to be able to have reefbot connected to my apex for ease of use and control-ability.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that would be a very very cool thing to be able to do. Although I admit its over my head. but i for one would love to be able to have reefbot connected to my apex for ease of use and control-ability.
Now wouldnt life be so much simpler if companies stuck to industry standards instead of being greedy *******? I’m looking squarely at apex.

From reefbots side it’s an extremely easy modification to make. Apex likes to use “proprietary software” in simple terms they want to scoop out your eyeballs with exorbitant prices and then come back for the sockets.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now wouldnt life be so much simpler if companies stuck to industry standards instead of being greedy *******? I’m looking squarely at apex.

From reefbots side it’s an extremely easy modification to make. Apex likes to use “proprietary software” in simple terms they want to scoop out your eyeballs with exorbitant prices and then come back for the sockets.
your points are completely valid thats why I am moving away from Apex. I refuse to buy the "new apex" as classic serves me just fine and most of thier "new" products are plastic toys that are underdesigned so you have to purchase replacement parts prematurely. also thier CS has been lacking for years... not trying to bash anyone just been in the hobby for 22 years and seen my share of products in the hobby.

I must say though... I just got the reefbot and its does not look and feel like a toy. this thing is built like a tank with full metal jacket. so far in a few days i have been thouroughly impressed.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a very dim view of companies that would attempt to get people to develop their product for them without compensation for their efforts
@drernesto

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever heard of Open Source? No one is asking you to create anything tbh.
Exactly open source is open source, there is no goal of private monetisation from it. Reefbot has now shown that they want their system developed for free. Good luck with that.

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly open source is open source, there is no goal of private monetisation from it. Reefbot has now shown that they want their system developed for free. Good luck with that.

What? Their system is already built and does what it is supposed to. The platform provides a way to add on to the essentials that may help the Reefbot community on the whole.

May be if you prove yourself by developing up the addons that make the Reefbot more desirable, you can request them to send their hardware for dev and testing. But at this time, your rant seems unnecessary and meaningless.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey while you are in favour of free labour I have a lawn that needs mowing...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back