• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Refugium-capable sump for RSR 450 or Baffle for RSR 450 sump

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Red Sea Reefer 450 and I'd really like to be able to install a refugium for macroalgae and pods. I'd like to either buy a new sump that would be refugium-capable or a baffle that would allow me to convert my stock RSR 450 sump.

Unfortunately, the only refugium-capable sump that I could find for the RSR 450 was from Crystal Reef Aquatics, which doesn't seem to be in business anymore:

And the only baffle I could find that was designed to convert the RSR 450 sump was from Reef Dreams, but they don't seem to stock them anymore:

If anyone has either of these items to sell, or has an alternative, please send me a PM. Or if you have any ideas about a suitable replacement product... Thanks.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger systems Sapphier 39 and Ruby elite 30, LMK if you are interested, i can send pics, both new.

OP
OP
G

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely could be interested but I'd like something where I don't have to make major changes with the plumbing on the RSR450. I'll have to take a look at dimensions also when I get home tonight.

You wouldn't know about whether these would work in a RSR 450, do you? It looks like maybe the Ruby would be a better fit based on where the drains are. What are you looking for pricewise?

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely could be interested but I'd like something where I don't have to make major changes with the plumbing on the RSR450. I'll have to take a look at dimensions also when I get home tonight.

You wouldn't know about whether these would work in a RSR 450, do you? It looks like maybe the Ruby would be a better fit based on where the drains are. What are you looking for pricewise?
IDK reasea tanks very well. You will have to do some research.

Back