Regenerating DI

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading up on regenerating DI resin. all the articles are for mixed bed resins. i only need to regenerate the anion resin. So would i soak just have to soak the resin in the lye for an hour, then rinse it ? been using separate resins because my well water eats up the anion, so i figure i might as well try to regenerate it.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work fine. I regenerate mine, though I keep it mixed. I would think an hour would be fine.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a nice video that just came out on this topic. It would be nice if @Randy Holmes-Farley gave it a thumbs up or thumbs down review. Other input is also welcomed as I would love to try this but I am wondering if the finished product is safe or might still contain chemical residue.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading up on regenerating DI resin. all the articles are for mixed bed resins. i only need to regenerate the anion resin. So would i soak just have to soak the resin in the lye for an hour, then rinse it ? been using separate resins because my well water eats up the anion, so i figure i might as well try to regenerate it.

Mixed bed? You cannot ever recharged a mixed bed, unless you try to separate out the individual beads. Any article that separates the beads and then recharges the anion resin will work similarly well on already separated anion resin.

Back