Removing a tang?

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue eye kole that has to go. So does anyone know of any tricks to plucking him out? I've got too many sps growing so banging around my tank with a net chasing him is out of he question. If anyone has a fish trap they wouldn't mind loaning out for a few weeks I'd be more than happy to toss you a frag or two from the racks [emoji225]TIA!

Viracon13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up the inverted bottle fish trap. I've successfully caught fish this way numerous times without a hassle. It's all about choosing the right bottle size and placing it in the right location in the tank. Should cost you about $2

zflugun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if your fish is like mine but as soon as my hand goes near the top of my tank my clown is at the surface then I bring the net in behind it it works most of the time

Viracon13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if your fish is like mine but as soon as my hand goes near the top of my tank my clown is at the surface then I bring the net in behind it it works most of the time

Clowns are a completely different story. I've scooped both of my clowns out of my 75G using my hands. They're too social to know any better

OP
OP
G8rNation

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kole knows I am after him so everytime I go near the tank he goes into the rocks. If I was trying to remove my Solaris it would be a different story. He swims into my hand everytime I am in the tank

zflugun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kole knows I am after him so everytime I go near the tank he goes into the rocks. If I was trying to remove my Solaris it would be a different story. He swims into my hand everytime I am in the tank
I've only had a clownfish so I didn't know if other fish were the same hm good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back