return line on a red sea reefer 170

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 170 Deluxe version so it came with an AI Hydra26. The skimmer I bought is a Reef Octopus Classic 110 SSS. Did this on recommendation from Bulk Reef Supply. I was looking for small and quiet. I have the future hope to section off the sump and put in a small refugium. Hopefully this will reduce algae.

I'm planning on mostly corals, probably a couple of clowns and an anemone. Hopefully something relatively low maintenance, I travel a fair bit for work.

W

OP
OP
Angeld480

Angeld480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 170 Deluxe version so it came with an AI Hydra26. The skimmer I bought is a Reef Octopus Classic 110 SSS. Did this on recommendation from Bulk Reef Supply. I was looking for small and quiet. I have the future hope to section off the sump and put in a small refugium. Hopefully this will reduce algae.

I'm planning on mostly corals, probably a couple of clowns and an anemone. Hopefully something relatively low maintenance, I travel a fair bit for work.

W[/QUOTE
Perfect skimmer choice ( I use the same one) . I am also heavily stocked and use a refugium as well.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angeld480 -

Do you use the ATO that came with your reefer? I'm about to get that setup but a little skeptical, given the challenge setting and adjusting the water levels in the sump just for normal operation.

W

OP
OP
Angeld480

Angeld480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth the investment in a larger ATO and the Neptune auto top off kit are use a 10 gallon reef crystals reservoir with the pump and a sensor hooked up to my apex for when it gets low. I was tired of refilling that reservoir every day.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not certain that I'd get approval from the "higher" authority in my house to place anything outside of the base.....

Although when we're on vacation I might get away with a larger bucket :)

OP
OP
Angeld480

Angeld480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a small cabinet and put it right next to tank. It has the apex,reservoir for top off, test kits, etc..as long as she does not see it, I can get away with it.

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I like the euphillia “hair” onyoy skull!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back