ric and sugerglue.... accckkkkkk!

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a new ric today and it had a bit of sand it was attached to. so i decided to attach it to a small rock. well i was being very careful but accidentally got a little superglue on the actual ric. it is on the underside near the edge. is he going to be okay or it will it die???
anyone have any ideas on this???

----thanks
amanda

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine dont worry, i would not glue them thou heres what i do and it works great! i get a small tupperware thingy, put holes in it, fill it with LOTS of rubble then throw my softies in there for two weeks(make sure its in a good flow area) they will attach them selfs!

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine. As Phil said put them in a moderate flow area in some type of container and they attach to rubble. then glue the rubble where you wnat it.

BUT - beware! all mushrooms will release and move if they are unhappy in the location you pick.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so true if they arent happy where u put them, two weeks of waiting will be two weeks of nothing lol, they will move!

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as said...glue on the underside is no big deal. you could cover the entire bottom of the thing with glue and it would most likely be fine.

shrooms can be glued, contrary to polular belief, but it is a brutal process of removing a few layers of slime with q-tips...i mean keep removiong the slime it until they are dry. you need to get the glue to burn and stick to flesh...nto slime.

that being said...I use a tupperware container riddled with hole and filled with rubble to gt them to attach. much less effort and works every time

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back