RODI has airbubbles in line

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after replacing the sediment and carbon cartridges in BRS 4 stage RODI, I noticed the unit was producing water at slower rate than prior to replacing the cartridges, like 40% slower. Upon inspection while running unit, I noticed there were sporadic air bubbles in the product line (none appears in the supply line). THere is no water leak in any connections & unit is connected to booster pump. Any thoughts?

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely it is air that got stuck in the unit when you changed the filters. Do you have a flush valve on the unit? If not I would highly recommend one. That way you can flush out the membrane each time before making water and it will also dislodge any air that may be trapped in the unit from changing filters. It will eventually work its way out but the flush valve is one add on that should be placed on any RO/DI system IMO. It basically bypasses the flow restrictor so that the water can flow faster past the membrane. It will dislodge any buildup and will make your system preform much better for longer.

OP
OP
Super Fly

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely it is air that got stuck in the unit when you changed the filters. Do you have a flush valve on the unit? If not I would highly recommend one. That way you can flush out the membrane each time before making water and it will also dislodge any air that may be trapped in the unit from changing filters. It will eventually work its way out but the flush valve is one add on that should be placed on any RO/DI system IMO.
yes, the booster pump has automatic flush valve that flushes every time it's turned on.

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells a combo flush/flow restrictor as well if you would like to go that route.

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I believe that one flushes the unit for 4 or so seconds. I have that one as well. The air should work its way out. You can start and stop the RO smart booster a few times to speed it up and it should take care of it. Let it flush a few times and let me know if it clears up.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back