RODI Help !!!! Not producing water

garyhutchinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater tank hobby and learning a lot. Need some guidance on the RODI system. We have our Red Sea 850 up and running, have made 2 batches of water for 20% change out and now want to produce some extra water for back up. I have burned through the 2 DI canisters and have replaced the resin in both and went ahead and changed the other 3 cartridges (Didn't need to I realize now). Anyway, my production had decreased dramatically now down to a trickle even with 80 PSI with the booster pump. I have narrowed it down to huge pressure drop at the membranes. I have taken them apart and they are clean and have flushed them for 45 minutes. I have only produced about 350 - 400 gallons of water. What is going on?????? Any help or direction to some self-help videos would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

phan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater tank hobby and learning a lot. Need some guidance on the RODI system. We have our Red Sea 850 up and running, have made 2 batches of water for 20% change out and now want to produce some extra water for back up. I have burned through the 2 DI canisters and have replaced the resin in both and went ahead and changed the other 3 cartridges (Didn't need to I realize now). Anyway, my production had decreased dramatically now down to a trickle even with 80 PSI with the booster pump. I have narrowed it down to huge pressure drop at the membranes. I have taken them apart and they are clean and have flushed them for 45 minutes. I have only produced about 350 - 400 gallons of water. What is going on?????? Any help or direction to some self-help videos would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Check this video tutorial

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back