RODI Help !!!! Not producing water

garyhutchinson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
Orange Beach
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater tank hobby and learning a lot. Need some guidance on the RODI system. We have our Red Sea 850 up and running, have made 2 batches of water for 20% change out and now want to produce some extra water for back up. I have burned through the 2 DI canisters and have replaced the resin in both and went ahead and changed the other 3 cartridges (Didn't need to I realize now). Anyway, my production had decreased dramatically now down to a trickle even with 80 PSI with the booster pump. I have narrowed it down to huge pressure drop at the membranes. I have taken them apart and they are clean and have flushed them for 45 minutes. I have only produced about 350 - 400 gallons of water. What is going on?????? Any help or direction to some self-help videos would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
 
I am new to the saltwater tank hobby and learning a lot. Need some guidance on the RODI system. We have our Red Sea 850 up and running, have made 2 batches of water for 20% change out and now want to produce some extra water for back up. I have burned through the 2 DI canisters and have replaced the resin in both and went ahead and changed the other 3 cartridges (Didn't need to I realize now). Anyway, my production had decreased dramatically now down to a trickle even with 80 PSI with the booster pump. I have narrowed it down to huge pressure drop at the membranes. I have taken them apart and they are clean and have flushed them for 45 minutes. I have only produced about 350 - 400 gallons of water. What is going on?????? Any help or direction to some self-help videos would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Check this video tutorial
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new