• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RODI SYSTEM; 60 Gal SUMP; 30 Gal Q-TANK SYSTEM; ROLLERMAT; SKIMMER; KALKSTIRRER; MORE....

Item Price
$45 -$450
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
West Warwick, RI

All of the following items were used for less than a year and are in my condo in W. Warwick but I am in Florida while waiting for my condo to sell. I will be back in R.I. when my condo sells at which time I can meet with Buyers OR I can arrange for Buyers to meet with my realtor before this time:

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)..........$450.00 (see below in this post)
(B) SUMP: made from 60 Gal Breeder..........................$75.00 (price dropped from $125) (see below in this post)
(C) 30-GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM.................................$50.00 OR $150.00 with optional pieces
. (see Post #2)
(D) BUBBLE MAGUS FILTER ROLLER (GEN 2)..............$150.00 (see Post #3)
(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00 (see Post #4)
(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$70.00 (see Post #4)
(G) CO2 SCRUBBER (3-STAGE); 3/4" Fittings..............$50.00 (see Post #4)
(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00 (see Post #4)
(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$45.00 (see Post #4)

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR CORRESPONDENCE. THANK YOU.

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)...........$450.00
-6 DI cylinders: 2 Cation; 2 Anion; 2 Mixed Bed
-Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump
-Three triple TDS meters
-I have new, in package, (1) Sediment and (2) Carbon blocks that I will include.
-TDS coming out of membrane is "4" which is the same as when membrane was new.
-None of the DI cartridges have started to change color.
-Two 29 Gal Tanks on stands: One for RODI; one for salt mixing

-OPTIONAL: Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller.......add $50 (New: $165 + tax and shipping).
See info here: https://spectrapure.com/products/si...gpd-llc-300-115-1?_pos=2&_sid=489db54b9&_ss=r

System was set up August 2022. and taken out of service in April 2023. For the last 6 months it was used only for water top off while I was in Florida (no water changes).

Here is system with the two 29 gal tanks below. They were built so one is above the other to save space. There is a valve to empty water from RODI holding tank to Salt Mixing. (Green velcro strap on right cylinders is just to hold electrical power cord back away from door. Will be discarded)

RI RODO system.jpg

10 Stage system with booster pump. Black box on right is part of the optional Spectrapure Liquid Level System. This is the main shut off of the system with the vacuum tube component in the RODI collecting tank below. I've been using these Spectrapure systems for years and never had a failure but there are two other backups with the system: The Auto Shut Off that comes with the BRS system and I added an Aquatec Pressure switch.

RI RODO.jpg

Two 29 Gal tanks. The Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller vacuum tube can be seen in the upper right corner of the RODI tank. Note compact design to fit in tight space.

RI RODO.tanks. endjpg.jpg

Two TANKS (PVC downspout cut for disassembly purposes)

RI RODO.front newjpg.jpg

RI RODO.top newjpg.jpg

RI RODO side new.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(B) SUMP: Home-made from 60 gal Breeder (48"L x 18"W x 16"H);
I added baffles (1/4" glass) with hole drilled for float valve in last baffle....... $75.00
(I only had time to give it a quick cleaning; it will clean up nicely with a little blade scraping)

Sump .jpg

First baffle seals at bottom; (I used a rollermat). This baffle could be raised if you want flow beneath it.
Sump .bjpg.jpg

Lot of space in middle for skimmer, etc. Last 3 baffles are shown; Water level: 7"
Sump .c.jpg

Overhead of first chamber

Sump top first chamber.jpg

Sump top whole.jpg

Sump top pump chamber.jpg

RI RODO.tanks. endjpg.jpg Sump .c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(C) 30 GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM WITH 20 GAL SUMP

-Built in August '22; (My cost was around $350 New).........Sell for $150 or $50 without items a) & b)
a)
-Eschopps Eclipse M Overflow Box ($150 New)
b)-Spears 1" Gate Valve ($50 new; very precise control)
-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock not included; Sand for free if you want it.

-OPTIONAL: Octo Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) ($550 New).....$275.00
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish).............. $70

-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce 1.5 Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock/Sand not included
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish)..............
$70
30 gal.jpg

Eclipse M: https://premiumaquatics.com/products/eshopps-eclipse-overflow-kit-1.html
30 gal.overflowjpg.jpg

Sump
30 gal.sumpjpg.jpg

OPTIONAL UV:
30 uv.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(D) BUBBLE MAGUS FILTER ROLLER (GEN 2)......................$150.00
Includes (1) brand new roll of fleece.
Roller mat front .jpg

1" Pipe attaches on right
Roller mat back .jpg

Motor side
Roller mat motor side.jpg

Side where 1" Pipe attaches
Roller mat pump side.jpg

Roller mat top.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00

Kalk reactor.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$70.00

Has FIVE 2L chambers, each with a float indicator

Reservoir front main..jpg

Reservoir front close..jpg

Reservoir top.jpg

Reservoir top.b.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(G) CO2 SCRUBBER (3-STAGE); 3/4" Fittings..............$50.00

The first chamber is for activated carbon (to remove unwanted fumes/contaminants from outside air (e.g. car or lawnmower exhaust). The second and third chambers are for the CO2 absorbent granules. Afte the first chamber is exhausted, the second chamber is rotated to take its place and the last chamber can be refilled.
3/4" fittings and pipe; Tubing is standard for most skimmers.

CO2 reactor.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00
This is the only item in my ads that has been used for more than 9 months. It was purchased 12/2019 but was only used for less than a year total, off and on, in my fish quarantine tank.
VarioS 2 DC pump; Float valve for shut off when sump water level rises.

Skimmer a.jpg

I only had time for a quick cleaning; it will clean up nicely with a little work! :)
Skimmer b.jpg

Skimmer c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$45.00

I used this for a Deep Sand Bed Filter and Algae Filter
1.5" Pipe

20 gal Refugium side main..jpg

20 gal Refugium end pipe..jpg

20 gal Refugium top.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have all these available:

(A) 10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)..........$450.00 (see below in this post)
(B) SUMP: made from 60 Gal Breeder..........................$75.00 (price dropped from $125) (see below in this post)
(C) 30-GALLON Q-TANK SYSTEM.................................$50.00 OR $150.00 with optional pieces
. (see Post #2)
(D) BUBBLE MAGUS FILTER ROLLER (GEN 2)..............$150.00 (see Post #3)
(E) ICECAP M-120 KALK STIRRER.................................$175.00 (see Post #4)
(F) ESCHOPPS DOSING CONTAINER 5.0......................$70.00 (see Post #4)
(G) CO2 SCRUBBER (3-STAGE); 3/4" Fittings..............$50.00 (see Post #4)
(H) SKIMMER: REGAL 150INT.......................................$275.00 (see Post #4)
(I) 20-GAL RESERVOIR AND STAND.............................$45.00 (see Post #4)

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR CORRESPONDENCE. THANK YOU.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back