Ruby Reef Rally Pro

Marc K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy some Rally to have in my QT medication kit. Instructions from Humbelfish are for Rally

Ruby Reef Rally contains acriflavine and it will clear brook provided you follow these instructions:
  1. Give all fish (including the YT) a 75-90 min bath using Rally. Dose anywhere from 2/3 - 1 teaspoon per gallon (it is safe to overdose acriflavine). Temperature control & heavily aerate the bath water.
  2. After the bath, transfer all fish to a clean, sterile QT to prevent reinfection.
A few times I've had to administer a second bath, but just once usually gets the job done. If brook returns following a second bath I would switch to using formalin instead. Formalin is more effective on brook, but it is also a harsher chemical to use.

I was wondering what the change is with Rally Pro. I am assuming it is more concentrated.

Just wondering how I dose it for a bath for fish I suspect of having velvet.

Thanks

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is twice the concentration. Instead of 1 ounce per 10 gallons for saltwater, the pro is 1 ounce per 20 gallons. So it's a smaller container, nice.

You use the same dose for both bath and tank. Just adjust for gallons difference. So a 5 gallon bucket of saltwater would be a 1/4 ounce of Pro.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back