Running two photon v2 24 on a 4 foot tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

snoopie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently own one 24" photon v2 light. I am now upgrading to a 105 rimless tank which is 48". My question is it possible to hook them together with the reef link yall offer?

Second question is would it be possible to control both lights with one controller if one light is v2 and the other is v2+?

I figured this would be more of efficient instead of buying the 48" version.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup that is what I just did...I had a V2 and upgraded to a 6' tank and got the V2+ and the PCB board now both lights areV2+ controlled by the new controller. I just did a write up on how I did it as there is no info on it so I took a swing at it to help other reefers.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently own one 24" photon v2 light. I am now upgrading to a 105 rimless tank which is 48". My question is it possible to hook them together with the reef link yall offer?

Second question is would it be possible to control both lights with one controller if one light is v2 and the other is v2+?

I figured this would be more of efficient instead of buying the 48" version.

Hi!

It most certainly is, our Photon Link Rails are designed to work with any sized Photon V2/V2+. The combined length might be a tad long for using the mounting legs- if you put the lights end to end with the plugs on the left and right sides- it will be a total of 120cm, which will leave juuuuust enough room to use the mounting legs. If you put the cords in the middle it will be an extra few inches and require hanging your lights.

The Photon V2 will not work with the V2+ controller out of the box. That requires a relatively simple hardware install as Dev noted below. If you order a new light through our website we can provide the V2+ receiver board you need to run your V2 with the V2+ controller free of charge. Just let us know that you need 1 x Photon V2+ Receiver board in the notes at checkout.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup that is what I just did...I had a V2 and upgraded to a 6' tank and got the V2+ and the PCB board now both lights areV2+ controlled by the new controller. I just did a write up on how I did it as there is no info on it so I took a swing at it to help other reefers.

Hey Dev,

We actually do have a manual available on our website, a link can be found in the item description for the Photon V2+ upgrade kit:
https://www.reefbreeders.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/V2-Controller-Installation-Guide.pdf

I know you didn't order these from that page as we just put one in the box w/o a printout, so it is easy to miss.

We have a guide video for these that will be ready soon- unfortunately all of our in progress videos are on my computer which is currently being repaired by apple. Currently messaging you from the warehouse computer haha

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back