Rustoleum for Terrarium, is it safe to use?

lemon-zing-tea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I know it's not aquarium related, but I thought those on here would have the most experience. I'm modifying a lantern into a home for a praying mantis, and the lantern itself is iron but painted. I'm not sure if the paint would be toxic when wet (from misting) or if itd rust, so i was wondering what i could use thatd be pet safe to seal it. I know of clear coat rustoleum and krylon fusion, but instead of spending money I thought I'd ask if something I already have is safe to use. Here's a picture of it (please let me know if you cant view it). It's called Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel, and it does have a color (beige), not clear. So after spraying and waiting a few weeks+rinsing when dry, would this product be ok to use as well? Thanks!
37196178_1994393580593633_2514575507811467264_n.jpg

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They reccomeded to me not to use it underwater. Id suspect its okay when dry in aterrium

OP
OP
lemon-zing-tea

lemon-zing-tea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it won’t be underwater, but the inside of the terrarium (where I would be spraying the sealant) would be very humid from regular mistings and water droplets would come into contact with it

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.6%
Back