Sand critter ID please

Lewloc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set up a new tank and transferred livestock and rock. I have been grabbing cuc in the old tank as I can find them but I have been noticing several pink colored things that i am not sure of. I am thinking it's a very small ball anemone maybe? But there are probably 20 I can see when lights first come on. If it is, anyone has a strong opinion to keep or throw away?

Diameter is less than a pencil eraser. Dark pink with very short thin hair with bright tips. When I say hairs I don't mean tentacles/legs like aptasia rather kind of like what you see on favia.

Incredibly hard to get a clear picture but below is about the best I can do. When you zoom in and see the "dust" that's actually the bright tips I was mentioning
20220709_113758.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lewloc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell under the blue lighting. Could we get a picture under white light (ex. with a flashlight)?
20220709_120115.jpg

Without blue lights you can't really see much except a red dot that almost looks like sand. It's actually what I thought it was yesterday but I saw the hairs again today. It's Judy so freaking small

I just tried a flashlight and red/green/white lights. This is actually a pretty decent shot compared to real life.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back