View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

XO PRESENTS

2nd Annual SDR / SDMAS Beach Cleanup
September 28th 2013

Sandiegoreefs.com & SDMAS giving back to our community

San Diego, South Mission Beach, September 28, 2013– 2nd Annual SDR Beach Clean Up

In 2012, SanDiegoReefs.com (est. 2003) and the San Diego Marine Aquarium Society (est.1970), merged as an online community where quality information about the marine and reef aquarium hobby could be exchanged among all levels of hobbyists. Our online community allows members to share information about marine life, provide support to one another, as well as share the latest trends in technology. Our mission is to help educate people about the saltwater aquarium hobby and enhance awareness of the fragility of coral reefs around the world.

We believe in the conservation of coral reefs by promoting captive breeding and propagation of marine creatures by developing natural marine environments for our specimens. We promote responsibility, sustainability and education of marine hobbyists.

In September 2012, SDR & SDMAS hosted our first Annual Beach Cleanup at La Jolla Shores. SanDiegoReefs.com came together as a community and we were able to spread environmental awareness to not only our members, but more importantly to the people of San Diego county.

Together, the goal of the SanDiegoReefs.com & SDMAS Giving Back to Our Community is to not only remove trash from the San Diego beaches and waterways but to ultimately raise public awareness of the marine environment and coral reefs worldwide.

SanDiegoReefs.com and San Diego Marine Aquarium Society will be hosting our thank you BBQ following the event at 12:00pm. This is a family oriented event and we highly encourage you and your family to join us in making a difference in our community.

For more info please contact [email protected]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back