SBB 275 Auctions plus 160 Fresh corals - Going on now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the sticker prize reveal
we have in order

Sorry i dont know some of the screen names if you can chime in with your screen name :)

1 ) M B

2 ) J S

3 ) Baby shark

4) Digitalfirex

5) Trev A
1713975746464.gif

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, finally got everything in my tank. Except a few SPS in my QT.

I lost about 80% of my coral to what I think was a bacterial infection. In tank dosed cip and amox and now KFC dip anything going into the tank. Dumped new batches of bacteria in. Collected my corals from a previous order from a friend, and now I'm here:

PXL_20240424_144647737.jpg

Also organized all my cables, installed UV, and am in the middle of hooking up a reefbot lab. I'm pretty happy with where it is. I still refuse to upgrade until I've been in the hobby at least a year :grinning-squinting-face:

Last edited:

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I lost about 80% of my coral to what I think was a bacterial infection. In tank dosed cip and amox and now KFC dip anything going into the tank. Dumped new batches of bacteria in. Collected my corals from a previous order from a friend, and now I'm here:

Also organized all my cables, installed UV, and am I'm the middle of hooking up a reefbot lab. I'm pretty happy with where it is. I still refuse to upgrade until I've been in the hobby at least a year :grinning-squinting-face:
Live learn love my friend

Miclmcorallover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Just some of mine. Some leaf out faster than others
ohh, I cant wait to get outside and start gardening again. normally my flower beds are all cleaned and prepped by now, but with being sick, everything is taking a back seat. Keep posting

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that your shortened version?
Live Coral, Learn Coral, Love Coral, my friend Coral

Now where's the meme of your addiction? :thinking-face:
You must have forgotten who I am and what I did yesterday....
1713896953162.jpeg
i just can't stop rofl. I'm not an addict I'm corals admittedly

Last edited:

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ohh, I cant wait to get outside and start gardening again. normally my flower beds are all cleaned and prepped by now, but with being sick, everything is taking a back seat. Keep posting
Since I'll be gone on my London trip in July, I'm not planting my veggie garden . I just have my bonsai in pots which I'll take to my dad to look after when I'm gone

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also organized all my cables, installed UV, and am in the middle of hooking up a reefbot lab. I'm pretty happy with where it is. I still refuse to upgrade until I've been in the hobby at least a year :grinning-squinting-face:
what bacteria product(s) did you reseed with?

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what bacteria product(s) did you reseed with?
The same thing I cycled with (with ammonium chloride) - fritz turbostart 900. There's a huge thread (search for "bottled bacteria test") here on R2R where someone actually ran tests on a lot of brands and their results mirrored my own.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some opinions here. My Zoanthids are (were) thriving super colonies. Only change in the tank is this month I added a Copperband Butterfly and three peppermint shrimp to help combat Aiptasia. Now, a couple of my Zoa colonies are going down hill fast. They are the same variety of Zoa’s. All the other colonies have no damage except for the Aiptasia that have got in them. Water parameters are good and very stable.

Ideas? I never see the CBB down there, but I never see the peppermint shrimp at all. They hide most of the time. Could they have decided it’s easier to just go for the Zoa’s rather than the Aiptasia?

The two colonies with damage.

IMG_0912.jpeg

The colonies without damage.

IMG_0913.jpeg

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need some opinions here. My Zoanthids are (were) thriving super colonies. Only change in the tank is this month I added a Copperband Butterfly and three peppermint shrimp to help combat Aiptasia. Now, a couple of my Zoa colonies are going down hill fast. They are the same variety of Zoa’s. All the other colonies have no damage except for the Aiptasia that have got in them. Water parameters are good and very stable.

Ideas? I never see the CBB down there, but I never see the peppermint shrimp at all. They hide most of the time. Could they have decided it’s easier to just go for the Zoa’s rather than the Aiptasia?

The two colonies with damage.

IMG_0912.jpeg

The colonies without damage.

IMG_0913.jpeg
Can't speak on your tank but I did have a filefish in my tank. Decimated the aiptasia...

Fast forward eventually all my zoas started to slowly disappear. When I did my tank move... I moved all my fish into a holding tank while I did the aquascape etc... Anyway after a bit I noticed some of the old rock work started to show some new zoa growth (I thought all the zoas has just died on me).. so at that point it dawned on me the filefish was probably eating them.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't speak on your tank but I did have a filefish in my tank. Decimated the aiptasia...

Fast forward eventually all my zoas started to slowly disappear. When I did my tank move... I moved all my fish into a holding tank while I did the aquascape etc... Anyway after a bit I noticed some of the old rock work started to show some new zoa growth (I thought all the zoas has just died on me).. so at that point it dawned on me the filefish was probably eating them.
Yeah, I had read a lot about filefish going for Zoa’s, and thought the CBB and shrimp would not. May be big mistake on my part.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I had read a lot about filefish going for Zoa’s, and thought the CBB and shrimp would not. May be big mistake on my part.
I'm pretty sure CBB is one of those that will eat coral? And so will the shrimp.... if you are u sure take them out temporarily and you will see improvement in the zoa colonies

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Yup filefish eats my zoas also, there's a few types he doesn't like, zombie strains and the larger polyps.

I have peppermint shrimp and they haven't bothered the zoas.

@AKL1950 maybe pull up a chair and watch at different times of the day, it might be happening just after lights out.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure CBB is one of those that will eat coral? And so will the shrimp.... if you are u sure take them out temporarily and you will see improvement in the zoa colonies
CBB would be easy to get out, but not the shrimp. I never can find them. For that matter, I don’t even know if they are still there. Only thing that might eat them are my two fairly large skunk shrimp.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup filefish eats my zoas also, there's a few types he doesn't like, zombie strains and the larger polyps.

I have peppermint shrimp and they haven't bothered the zoas.

@AKL1950 maybe pull up a chair and watch at different times of the day, it might be happening just after lights out.
Good plan. The CBB may be the culprit. The colonies that are damaged are right by where the skunk shrimp hang out, so I would think the peppermints would not venture there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back