SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 6, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Probably something to discuss via private messages versus the open forum.
@stewy14 Also I took a look at your build thread, this isn't a critique I promise you, but acros are "hard mode" for reef tanks and yours looks fairly new. To save you some heart ache and money, I'd start with easier corals and get the motions down before jumping into acros.

I completely appreciate people trying out acros, particularly when they get a steal of a price, just not something that I'd have high hopes for if they are your first corals.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@stewy14 Also I took a look at your build thread, this isn't a critique I promise you, but acros are "hard mode" for reef tanks and yours looks fairly new. To save you some heart ache and money, I'd start with easier corals and get the motions down before jumping into acros.

I completely appreciate people trying out acros, particularly when they get a steal of a price, just not something that I'd have high hopes for if they are your first corals.
Great way of putting it Kas

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Second that.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

For the record as well, the SBB community is all about helping each other find success. It's a fun little sub community (read as: dis-functional family) to be a part of. So feel free to ask questions. I kind of take it from the photos on your build thread that you are younger, but I promise you some of the more seasoned folks here will lean in and answer questions to help you find success.

I'll start with one question which is do you have good test kits for Alk, calcium, magnesium, nitrates, phosphates, because if the answer is no, I'd hold off on acros until you get those and are getting consistent readings month over month.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
in the contact page of your site...
1715286208346.png

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back