SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 6, Guests: 2)

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Love the idea...
Thought there was mention his tank crashed or something (lost a bunch of coral)? Wouldn't want to send more if he and or his tank is not ready?
Can anyone confirm?
His tank got decimated. lost all but 2 torches and who know what else. I'm with you, I won't send things until I know its ready and all good again. I pm him and told him not to worry , just resolved what you need to. The corals are here when you're ready

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
His tank got decimated. lost all but 2 torches and who know what else. I'm with you, I won't send things until I know its ready and all good again. I pm him and told him not to worry , just resolved what you need to. The corals are here when you're ready
Do you know what the issue was?

Also on a tangent, I know some of you run quarantine for corals even, if you do have you ever run the Aquabiomes tests? When I finally get my large tank up, every thing, and I mean everything including snails, will go through a quarantine process.

evilexotica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the issue was?

Also on a tangent, I know some of you run quarantine for corals even, if you do have you ever run the Aquabiomes tests? When I finally get my large tank up, every thing, and I mean everything including snails, will go through a quarantine process.
D0IqeF.gif
LBOXQ9.gif

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was just reading through his build thread, man that sucks. Torches seem like a domino effect if they go downhill. I don't know how some of you have so many, I have a few but would be hesitant to do huge gardens of them.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was just reading through his build thread, man that sucks. Torches seem like a domino effect if they go downhill. I don't know how some of you have so many, I have a few but would be hesitant to do huge gardens of them.
I'm not going to lie, but I have my share of torches suddenly die for no reason at all, but I love them

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not going to lie, but I have my share of torches suddenly die for no reason at all, but I love them
I've lost some hammers which I'm fairly sure is due to a peppermint shrimp. I can't catch him though. He is too small and shy to come up when I'm feeding frozen and I don't think flakes or small TDO pellets are being found by him, so he is munching hammers...

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've lost some hammers which I'm fairly sure is due to a peppermint shrimp. I can't catch him though. He is too small and shy to come up when I'm feeding frozen and I don't think flakes or small TDO pellets are being found by him, so he is munching hammers...
Want to borrow a wrasse? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Want to borrow a wrasse? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
No, but I gotta rethink my 10g. I was dumb and lost the three fish in it. It was really a backup tank and for whatever reason I was getting some cyano in it after over a year of it being perfectly fine. I dosed chemiclean and didn't add an air stone, it gets tons of surface air and bubbles naturally. Suffice to say, it still removed enough oxygen to kill the fish in one day... I dosed it at 11pm, next morning for work they were fine (it's in my office next to my computer), then looked over at 12 and they were gasping. I threw one in the other tank, but it didn't make it.

Zoa's in there are fine, some other things got moved to the other tank, some just got nuked. Mostly random mushrooms.

What I don't understand is the order or things. The gorgonian (not the NPS one which is fine) just absolutely melted and I think it poisoned the tank. The other interesting observation is that there were a TON of bristleworms which croaked too, more than I ever knew were in there. I think that added to the bioload in a way I never knew and then the die off was a chain reaction. I'm not sure if I want to restart the 10g, it was really for extra zoa's from the main tank and shrooms.

Some shrooms I don't have backups of... Zoa's I do.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back