SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 18, Members: 14, Guests: 4)

evilexotica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone. Early morning picture of my baby snails doing their morning glass graze. If I were to try and count them I would hit 1000 before I could count them all. Nothing like a robust reproducing cleaning crew. The little white dots.

1715341985939.jpeg
Snail constellation
514qhmpfNPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Timor wrasse but somehow ended up on the floor. I have lids.

I ended up getting a Mel and Timor and they have been peacefully living together for awhile. I hope it continues once they transition to males since color and patterns are different.

I really like wrasses, I might get a few fairy wrasses later on.
I had the Mel and a Yellow Coris together for quite some time until the yellow jumped while I was doing maintenance.

Added an Exquisite, Solarensis and an Orange Back together to try and spread out aggression. After the initial wave of dominance by the Mel the Orange Back has become the dominant wrasse in the tank.

I was looking to add a Splendid Pintail but decided that I had enough fish in the tank.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
How do you guys like the melanarus wrasse? Trying to finish my fish stocking list and that one is on it :D
Great fish, nice colors, ignores everyone else, just does it's own thing, other fish don't mind them either. Does pick on the small snails but not the larger ones from what I have seen. Great for pest control, occasionally knocks over frags on the sand when it wakes up in the morning when it comes out of the sand

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect thanks guys! I'm not too worried about small cuc, already have a tuskfish in the tank so nothing $$$. I have a blue throated fairy wrasse in already but I think another wrasse or 2 would be good for pest control

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys like the melanarus wrasse? Trying to finish my fish stocking list and that one is on it :D
I would definitely add a Halichoeres wrasse of some kind. As long as you have sand for them to sleep in. The Yellow Coris wrasse is a good choice as they add that bright yellow color and will shoal together if you get multiples. The melanarus is readily available and has some very dynamic coloration that gets deeper as they age.

I had originally planned on either an Iridis or an Earmuff Wrasse but could not find either of them when I was stocking.

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great fish, nice colors, ignores everyone else, just does it's own thing, other fish don't mind them either. Does pick on the small snails but not the larger ones from what I have seen. Great for pest control, occasionally knocks over frags on the sand when it wakes up in the morning when it comes out of the sand
After sleeping like this? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

IMG_2570.jpeg

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Collonista snails. Pain in the ***. Those little jerks get in between the housing of those mp40s and it's "clickclickclickclick" all day.
Only snails in my tank are trochus and turbos. I suspect all the tiny ones are trochus. I clean my 4 MP40s every week and see 34-40 tiny snails go down the drain. I used to try and collect them and put them back in the tank, but that was too time consuming. Doesn’t seem to put a dent in their numbers.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back