SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 2, Guests: 4)

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That swirl of color is sweet! I like Mont's but are real estate hogs. I like when they grow in multiple tiers/cupping and take up a little less space :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Used to have a 100 gal oval Rubbermaid tub for all my frags/propagation. Had a green/teal Monti that took up almost one whole round side of the tub. Finally found a guy interested in buying it. Ended up breaking it into 4 pieces to barely fit into 4, 5gal buckets. Still had a ton encrusted on the sides. Was so glad to get rid of it!
1000034036.jpg

These 3 are doing the verticle style, there's a red, green, grafted and what I imagine a suffocated spongodes in that pile. The other side is like a 10x10" hunk I really dunno what to do with this one. Could be alota sticks, or consolidate the torches and have a goni garden. There's something OG about monticap tho it deserves a spot.
1000034038.jpg

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Those are odd.

My daughter likes boxfish, I just wouldn't want to risk them poisoning the tank.

Anything unusual. I spend a lot of spare time reading up on fish for stocking. I've tried most corals at this point with my collection addiction.

I had a thread about schooling fish, apparently most don't school and only shoal (swim together) since schooling is a defensive behavior. I've found a lot of odds and ends cardinals through this research.

Just generally curious what people have going. I think I can get two orange spotted file fish, I don't have my tank up but was kind of thinking of getting them and throwing a 20g quarantine tank together. From what I've read they are collected seasonally so I don't want to wait another year to get them.
I’ve had one box fish for 1.5 years, the other for close to 7 months or so.

I did a lot of research regarding them nuking a tank. I didn’t find any real examples of it happening. They are a cool fish. The big one squirts water at you during feeding time. I definitely wouldn’t keep them with another fish that would harass them though.

The angler is cool too but he will only eat ghost shrimp. That makes it a pain but it’s okay as the box and angler were fish my daughter wanted

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What are you going to do with your current tank when you get your other one set up?
Break it down eventually. Going to do a slow move over. Any tips on tank moves from people, let me know.

I want to get rid of it. I'll probably get another tank to coincide with the big one, just not sure what I want to do. I like the idea of plumbing it together for ease of maintenance, but I also like the idea of a separate tank for backup purposes. Nuking my 10g was a lesson learned.

Back