SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 15, Members: 7, Guests: 8)

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240414_105911.jpg
Is that sbb berry cake?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of mixing bacteria, food, enzyme, and carbon in the tank through standard dosing, you essentially mix it in a container. The enzyme breaks down the food, bacteria consume and multiply, you dose that. Essentially zeovit without starving your coral to death. You can increase/decrease nutrients based on adding more or less food to the concotion.

Allan vo has a thread on it here:

It's the wild wild west, everyone's trying different stuff. I'm not sure I've read about a single tank that hasn't responded positively. Since I've had so many changes in a short amount of time I can't really act as a control but things I've noticed over the past month:
-Growth tips are thicker
-growth tips aren't as "burnt" and bring skin faster
-new colors on old pieces
-even faster growth
-wirey growth on fast growers like millis is now more full and thicker growth
-thicker flesh
-significantly better PE across the board.
-growth on the entire coral (i.e. existing coralites not just tips)
1000034134.jpg

Perhaps my tank was just nutrient deprived and this "superfood" resolves that and could have been resolved through other means as well.

I dose enough reefroids in the concotion to nuke my tank. Perhaps the bacteria allows you to dose insane nutrients without crazy residuals as I haven't seen my po4 go up as much as it would just dosing a fraction of the roids I use in the concotion. Heavy in/heavy out.
How often are you concocting?

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you concocting?
I'm hitting it hard. I make a budget bottle with bacter7, af np pro, roids, fuel, and calcium carbonate. 100-150ml/day (1 or 2 feedings). 125g + 20 gal frag tank.

Then I alternate, a separate batch with biodigest bacteria, instead of bacter7, because of cost.

Both seem to benefit the tank. Not dialed in yet but nutes are still fairly low (.03po4/5ppm no3)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm hitting it hard. I make a budget bottle with bacter7, af np pro, roids, fuel, and calcium carbonate. 100-150ml/day (1 or 2 feedings). 125g + 20 gal frag tank.

Then I alternate, a separate batch with biodigest bacteria, instead of bacter7, because of cost.

Both seem to benefit the tank. Not dialed in yet but nutes are still fairly low (.03po4/5ppm no3)
This what you are doing @billyocean ?

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what you are doing @billyocean ?
He uses zeozym for the enzyme, I use np pro because of cost + amazon shipping + BRS out of stock.

Unsure of the rest of his recipe. Zeozym seems to be the standard for the enzyme.

I think Allan is trying to move away from "reef products" the same way we can use Mrs wages pickling lime instead of seachem kalkwasser at a fat premium in cost.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy ordered some of the v3 paste from Allan, shipped yesterday so I'm interested to see how his tank responds.
Cool. My concoction is super simple, I think it is similar to Allan's V1 and I get a great feeding response.
I have 100-gallon total water volume.

Fill up a red solo cup with TANK water.

Mix in:
1/2 tsp ZeoZym
4-drops ZeoBak
1-tsp Benepets

Let it sit for 7-8 hours, stir it every so often if I remember to and then dump it all in at the same time.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have no idea what conoction you all talking about. I just mix phyto, acropower, benefreef, and oyster feast and feed.
I’m almost the same, except I do Aquavitro Fuel instead of acropower. I’m also only sometimes using Oyster Feast. If I use it, I get an insane feeding response from the acros, I just don’t buy it all the time.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does Alan use calcium carbonate in the concoction? I don't add that, I do however, dose KZ coral snow weekly, but I mix it with my KZ Coral System 3 (aminos)

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost the same, except I do Aquavitro Fuel instead of acropower. I’m also only sometimes using Oyster Feast. If I use it, I get an insane feeding response from the acros, I just don’t buy it all the time.
Another fuel user. Love that product. I stopped dosing aminos when the tank crashed. Haven't resumed. I use 4 capfuls in my concotion though. I sanitize my mixing container, microwave RODI, then add salt, mix, then all the fixing, use a heating pad, and I also Aerate for 14-18hrs to increase bacteria density.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Alan use calcium carbonate in the concoction? I don't add that, I do however, dose KZ coral snow weekly, but I mix it with my KZ Coral System 3 (aminos)
When I was reading through the thread it seemed to be standard, I think a flocculant is called out in the recipe IIRC. About 5g to 500mL

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another fuel user. Love that product. I stopped dosing aminos when the tank crashed. Haven't resumed. I use 4 capfuls in my concotion though. I sanitize my mixing container, microwave RODI, then add salt, mix, then all the fixing, use a heating pad, and I also Aerate for 14-18hrs to increase bacteria density.
acropower vs Aquavitro fuel. I used fuel before, but don't know which have better result

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't hear from me it's due to my box being delivered on Friday and my wife has actually killed me. There used to be more choice in shipping. With working extra shifts this week makes it tough to do it quietly and quickly.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back