SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For algae control it is all about processing as much water as you can rapidly. Oversize the UV and run all of your return flow through it. Algae replicates rapidly and you need to zap it before it can reproduce.

What is your current flow rate of your return pump? If it is not fast enough the UV won't be able to keep up with the algae. This is where the closed loop from DT back to DT is best.

You also don't need to run it 24/7 for algae either. I think @billyocean uses his sparingly to clean up if he has a bloom.

Lastly you will see some additional heat and water temp increase using a UV. Just something to be prepared for.

Right now I'm running one pump at around 1800 gph. I like the idea of having a dedicated pump for uv to modify flow

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm running one pump at around 1800 gph. I like the idea of having a dedicated pump for uv to modify flow
Watch your overflow capacity then. Not sure what you have but 1800gph minus head pressure is alot. Dedicated pump from return to DT only adds to this.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's not that much of a deal to be honest because it doesn't include shipping. If I was going to get it, I rather buy it new from Luca. Free shipping and it would be under full warranty. And it's not that much more new. Thanks

6t4nova

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This has been the work travel trip from hades. Flying to MIA my flight was delayed multiple times and I had to rebook a different flight but made it after 7 hours being stuck at DFW.

Coming back today, original flight was delayed and I would miss my connection, so rebooked on another airline. Finally landed at LAX and now the terminal is closed due to “security issue” so we’re sitting on the tarmac waiting for that to clear

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For anyone interested I added a little write up on the concotion thread.
I watched some teleGraham stuff after you mentioned him the other day. With that said, I’m surprised you’re still using MB7 in your concoction. Especially considering you have BioDigest on hand, even if it is more expensive.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched some teleGraham stuff after you mentioned him the other day. With that said, I’m surprised you’re still using MB7 in your concoction. Especially considering you have BioDigest on hand, even if it is more expensive.
I'm not even sure when I bought it but I had never used it. My intention was to use it as a budget concotion and just alternate.

So far, I've made 3 or 4 batches with bacter7 and 2 or 3 with biodigest.

The benefit seems equal so far. I get more cyano with biodigest, all things the same, FWIW. I plan to continue to alternate until i can identify a discernable difference. Im also still playing around with the recipe and what not.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full rack… good looking stuff @SBB Corals
IMG_2947.jpeg
Nice. Pics like these really show off how bright a particular coral is…. when next to others. That green flash is super bright! And I think you guys were snagging them in the auction for like $15-$25!

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even sure when I bought it but I had never used it. My intention was to use it as a budget concotion and just alternate.

So far, I've made 3 or 4 batches with bacter7 and 2 or 3 with biodigest.

The benefit seems equal so far. I get more cyano with biodigest, all things the same, FWIW. I plan to continue to alternate until i can identify a discernable difference. Im also still playing around with the recipe and what not.
Maybe when it comes to acro bacteria consumption, the quality doesn’t matter so much.

Back