Scooter's dorsal fin damaged

Joeylm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods move if wrong forum.

I woke up the other day and saw that my scooter blennys fin was damaged. It was 100% fine the day before so I honestly don't think it could be rot fin or a disease. I have a bicolor blenny, but they are best friends (they sit on top of each other and hang out) so I doubt he did this. I can't seem to put my finger on what it is. The only thing I can think of is that he met my very small emerald crab and it did this? Besides that my tank is pretty empty so not sure what caused it. Any opinions? Sorry for the bad pic, was hard to get one. TIA.

Resized_20210803_104932.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like a result of aggression
One great thing about saltwater fish is their ability to repair themselves and quickly
Assure good water quality is offered

OP
OP
Joeylm

Joeylm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a result of aggression
One great thing about saltwater fish is their ability to repair themselves and quickly
Assure good water quality is offered
Thats what im thinking. Just dont think my bicolor would do it. I feel like these guys would mate if they could lol. My bicolor does have a hole in a rock that is his home and he can be pretty territorial over it though. When snails get too close to it he bites the crap out of them so that could be what happened. Only other thing I can think of besides the crab.

So it will grow back?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thats what im thinking. Just dont think my bicolor would do it. I feel like these guys would mate if they could lol. My bicolor does have a hole in a rock that is his home and he can be pretty territorial over it though. When snails get too close to it he bites the crap out of them so that could be what happened. Only other thing I can think of besides the crab.

So it will grow back?
Likely grow back- yes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back