Scratch or crack

ChronosReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon reefers, I Just noticed this scratch or crack under my tank after putting in the sand.

I did not see this during the initial water test but it has me a little worried so I'm going to empty the tank. More than anything, I think I am worried about the slant of the abrasion. The last thing I want is to come home to my german shepherds surfing in the dining room. I would love to hear what you guys think, It would maybe ease my mind as the tank drains? It is my father's tank but we're not sure if it was there before he gave it to me.

Thanks for any input.

scratch 1.jpg

scratch 2.png

OP
OP
ChronosReef

ChronosReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell but it looks like a crack to me...
Don't risk it my friend, it is not worth it IMHO.

Hi Reeferdood thanks for your input, I thought as much, it scares me so I'll drain and clean that part and find out if its a crack or a stretch. then move from there.
No big fuss at this early in its life. I will just drain to make sure and save myself long-term pain vs waiting for a possible disaster.

OP
OP
ChronosReef

ChronosReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An ounce of prevention all! I always err on the side of caution. Just sucks to waste all that water

I just drained the most of the tank....haha I think its silicone feels really rubbery Ill try to get some pictures but I think I can peel it .

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An ounce of prevention all! I always err on the side of caution. Just sucks to waste all that water

I just drained the most of the tank....haha I think its silicone feels really rubbery Ill try to get some pictures but I think I can peel it .
Now you can fill it and not worry, which is worth a lot.
Welcome to R2R.

OP
OP
ChronosReef

ChronosReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
Fill that thing up then and let the fun begin!:D

Yes!!!

I'm going to take this opportunity to fine tune the plumbing a little more , cable management is super important to me. We got 5 other tanks from my old house moved and cycling in my fish room, and all those went without an issue so atleast something was likely to go wrong haha. Ill work on this tank and see if I can convince my vet to write me a prescription for Chloroquine phosphate for my qt setup.

Also need to sell some kessil gear since the crossgrade and some more gear so time to break out the camera and have a reef yard sell.

Going to be a busy weekend.

OP
OP
ChronosReef

ChronosReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phew! I like happy endings [emoji16] Welcome to R2R!
9560e6b190d257f7f52552b890cd542d.jpeg

Hi GoPitt88 thank you for the welcome.

HAHAH me too!!! I was freaking out yesterday cause it's the second biggest tank in my setup. I was more worried about it leaking everywhere before I had all my cables out of the fire hazard zone and mounted high above. No need to file a homeowners claim when a little planning can prevent that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back