Sea Spiders

ragreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an abundance of them, definitely eating SPS, acan and hammer. I see them on my zoas but have not noticed any damage yet.

I plan on getting Interceptor tomorrow. My tank is only ~2 gallons, clean up crew are 4 snails and brittle stars. I was thinking of a heavy dose, then a 100% water change 2 hours later. From everything I can see the Interceptor will not harm the snails or brittle stars, can someone confirm?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an abundance of them, definitely eating SPS, acan and hammer. I see them on my zoas but have not noticed any damage yet.

I plan on getting Interceptor tomorrow. My tank is only ~2 gallons, clean up crew are 4 snails and brittle stars. I was thinking of a heavy dose, then a 100% water change 2 hours later. From everything I can see the Interceptor will not harm the snails or brittle stars, can someone confirm?
I really don’t think that will do anything to the spiders. They are really hard to kill. Can you just dip the coral? Bayer won’t make them happy. How many spiders are in there?

spidercrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea spiders die almost instantly in a freshwater dip you could wipe them all out by doing about a 5 second fresh water dip on everything in the tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back