Seriatopora bleaching?

Arjuna32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My seriatopora was doing perfectly fine for months now and when I turned it around to let the back get more light the middle part became like this. Any way to save this coral?
Levels: Phosphate: .04 Alkalinity: 10.2 Calcium 500
Nitrate: <5 kinda hard to read the salifert test so not sure pH: 8.2 Salinity: 1.025
IMG_9840.jpeg

LiLinka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There looks to be bight marks on some parts of it. Don’t see any pests. I would honestly call that guy a lost cause. Just because dipping him may kill whatever is bothering it, but the dip could stress it out more and ultimately cause it to die quicker. Best advice I could give is wait to our. But I would like to hear other peoples opinions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Arjuna32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There looks to be bight marks on some parts of it. Don’t see any pests. I would honestly call that guy a lost cause. Just because dipping him may kill whatever is bothering it, but the dip could stress it out more and ultimately cause it to die quicker. Best advice I could give is wait to our. But I would like to hear other peoples opinions.
Some people on Reddit are saying it’s necrosis and that cutting off the white parts might help. Do you think that would help?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My seriatopora was doing perfectly fine for months now and when I turned it around to let the back get more light the middle part became like this. Any way to save this coral?
Levels: Phosphate: .04 Alkalinity: 10.2 Calcium 500
Nitrate: <5 kinda hard to read the salifert test so not sure pH: 8.2 Salinity: 1.025
IMG_9840.jpeg
It is and looks like STN. Often its as simple as flow or light and things overlooked. Often siphoning dead tissue and brown gel will reverse the process.
Some possible triggers of infection are:
- Alkalinity spike
- Temperature spike
- Salinity spike
- Low dissolved oxygen
- Poor water quality related with phosphate levels up to 5 ppm
- Change in water flow
- Additions of sand
- Changes in brand of salt
- Bad test kits giving faulty results
- Levels of minor elements such as Iodine, Potassium, Strontium
- Light intensity
- Addition of new corals
-- Pesticides

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back