Setting up a manual dose for DOS

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there a way to Setup a way to tell my DOS to dose XXml right now and not on a schedule?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A custom amount that changes each time is very difficult. If the amounts are more consistent, I do that for priming and stuff on mine.

The way you do that is set up a profile of type DOSE with the amount you want, speed I usually set 250ml/min so it happens fast and interval set to 1. Let's call this primeDOS as an example

Create a virtual outlet with the following code. Change MMM:SS to an value longer than the dose would take (ex larger than 2 minutes for a 500ml dose). I'm calling this prime.

Set ON
When ON > MMM:SS Then ON

In the advanced tab of the DOS programming add

If Output prime = ON Then PrimeDOS

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. So I need to dose like 1-5ml So I would set up the dos speed super low right?. Then if I wanted to dose I would just do if its 1ml/5sec just do

Set ON
When ON >000:10 Then ON

that would give me 2ml?

Realistically I should just manually dose this since its Nitrates and Phosphates lol

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that size dose you probably want to set the profile for the 25ml/min speed, and set the virtual outlet to like 15 seconds.

If you need an amount other than 2ml, you can just adjust the profile right before you dose.

Trigger by setting the VO to AUTO.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back