Show off your Grandmaster Krakatoa colony

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are these notorious for melting? Is it the zoa or more human error that plays a roll?

Small frags don't typically do well. Single polyp frags that can't withstand the slightest irritation because the second a snail bulldozes it, something nicks it, or the water changes a hair, the entire "colony" closes up and doesn't get the energy it needs to overcome the adversity.

Since prices per polyp are still running $200+, very few people want to get a large enough frag to tip the odds in their favor. Since everyone gets these tiny frags that melt at the slightest provocation, prices are still running $200+ pp, etc...

Miklo_Miklo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trina find out if mine are grand masters ?

Attachments

• 9A14FE78-BE3A-457A-81DC-B6A0C451C136.jpeg
    9A14FE78-BE3A-457A-81DC-B6A0C451C136.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 91

Shaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love a head or two if anyone has some available please message me with a price. Thank you

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The place I got mine from had two for a little bit more! I sure wish I would have bought two now because mine wont open! Does that mean its melted? I did 2 live sales and got about 20 zoa and one was a grand master one was a speckled! All of the 20 are fine except the GMK! I have them spread in differt tanks. Most are in my small 20 gallon and the spekled is a single it s fine! I also have a el corazon single thats fine! I had no idea these were so notorious for melting! Should I dip it in an iodine dip or medi coral by brightwell or move it to the tankk most are in? Its funny I had an utter chaos fall face down in sand bed for days and its opening now! I have a stupid hawk fish that loves to sit on my corals! He probably sat on it! That fish is a menace! LOL Keeps killing whatever I put in tank! hes got to go!

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The place I got mine from had two for a little bit more! I sure wish I would have bought two now because mine wont open! Does that mean its melted? I did 2 live sales and got about 20 zoa and one was a grand master one was a speckled! All of the 20 are fine except the GMK! I have them spread in differt tanks. Most are in my small 20 gallon and the spekled is a single it s fine! I also have a el corazon single thats fine! I had no idea these were so notorious for melting! Should I dip it in an iodine dip or medi coral by brightwell or move it to the tankk most are in? Its funny I had an utter chaos fall face down in sand bed for days and its opening now! I have a stupid hawk fish that loves to sit on my corals! He probably sat on it! That fish is a menace! LOL Keeps killing whatever I put in tank! hes got to go!
Weirdly enough I had the same problem with my grand master it stays close even to this day lot. I think it’s just something they do I guess ever way no worries I promise he will survive mine I barley see open if ever and he’s been fine for a while

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211103_200945.jpg

For the longest time my colony was stuck at 9-ish heads. I was looking up close yesterday and counted 4-5 babies poking out!

I got a single polyp in March, now it looks like I'm up to 13-14! :D
Are you looking to sell any frags soon?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weirdly enough I had the same problem with my grand master it stays close even to this day lot. I think it’s just something they do I guess ever way no worries I promise he will survive mine I barley see open if ever and he’s been fine for a while
dang! I just threw it away! I should have let it be! I have something going on in my tank. Maybe dinos so I started blowing it off incase something was on the head! I put it up to the wavemaker a couple of time then one time it just blew off the plug! It must have melted! Its crazy because I bought so many recently and all survived but that one! Maybe I caused it. I should have just blew it with the turkey baster! I do that with all my coarls until I figure out whats going on in my tank! I am kicking myself but when it blew off it was just a glob of goo!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been growing these? What lights do you keep them under? Beautiful polyps. Someday I will add them to my tank... Just need to sell a kidney or something. lol
I started with a 3 polyp frag somewhere around 6-7 mths ago maybe less. Likes moderate flow and 175-200 par. Very hardy and fast growing if you get a healthy frag.

Khaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do well from 75-200 par, low to moderate or even pretty decent flow. They get huge, like 2 inches under 75 par with low flow, but best color over 150 par. About 2 years from 1 polyp to the three big chunks I have, time to rehome some more of them.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back