0   0   0
Where they at?!?! :attention:

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start.

Im naming this one cause its just too nice not to have a name......

Strawberry patch sarmentosa
sarmentosa1.JPG

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's play find something nicer than Darryl. Good luck cause I have a feeling he's just getting started. Very nice man!!!

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice...not good for me cuz i'll be looking for more sps to buy.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One pic? That's it? Come on R2R, let's see it!!!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but we're not inspiring any more from him either.

Last edited:

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess since I bought the whole colony that came in (wild) that would make it somewhat rareish.... definitely not as hot as darryl's, but I wanna see more so if no one else will:

DSCN0683.jpg

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks REEFKEEPER10! The big yellow fish is my male yellow "coris" wrasse! Nice and thick, probably 5" long or so.

Ace25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the problem with the thread is "What is considered rare with SPS corals?" Here in Cali it doesn't seem like anything is really "rare" anymore, some things are a little more expensive than others (slow growers mostly) but everything is obtainable.

To me, this is what I would consider the "rarest" SPS coral in my tank, but it certainly isn't the best looking coral (but I really like the geometric design and lines). It is a Pachyseris coral.

3313062222_69bcf08a9f_o.jpg

2854460216_0662a8117c_o.jpg

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's play find something nicer than Darryl. Good luck cause I have a feeling he's just getting started. Very nice man!!!
Well I got lots of nice corals but RARE.....not many I would say. Maybe I have been into SPS too long but rare to me means only one or very few people would have it and since my tank is mostly from captive grown fragments I don't think I have very many super rare pieces. BUT the problem with rare is that some times it rare for a reason....ie. doesnt do well in captivity, from an area that can not be collected....etc.

In the end there are'nt too many super rare SPS that I can think of......than again if I know about it already how rare is it?? hahah. Once in a while a nice rare one pops up but if it does well in captivity and grows.....well soon it will be propagated and passed on and the rareness fades.

I saw the mother colony of the reeffarmers avengers at RR canada today......very nice....kinda like a pink polyp tri-color. Never seen that before. But its being fragged up and if it does well in aquaria, in a few years it wont be super rare anymore. And who knows in the mean time more like it may be imported. Used to be echinata was rare or strawberry shortcake but when they opened up Australia these became no longer rare IMO.

I think the problem with the thread is "What is considered rare with SPS corals?" Here in Cali it doesn't seem like anything is really "rare" anymore, some things are a little more expensive than others (slow growers mostly) but everything is obtainable.
Pretty close to my sentiments.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LADD has been selling some pretty unusual maricultured acros lately... I'd say tenella and pichoni are pretty rare. Hope to see some pics of those maybe...

Some really nice papillare have been coming in too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I'm not looking for big foot here, just some nice corals most don't see everyday. I'm on the forums as much as anybody and I see new exciting stuff all the time. I know some of you don't really consider much new anymore but you gotta understand this forum is full of hobbiest of all different levels. Let's have some fun with it.

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's a couple of mine...IDK how rare but...
Astreapora.
006-26.jpg

Montipora Danae..purple with green and purple polyps..
014-19.jpg

Montipora Capriconus...Green with blue polyps and light purple rim..
027-11.jpg

Granulosa..not bad for a 10 frag....and the nems are gone...
024-12.jpg

Back