Sicce powered. Under $250. Made in USA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing the Compact Six:

3996404764_739e044c69.jpg

Compact Six
The new Compact Six is big on performance and small on both your wallet and footprint. The skimmer features high air draw, minimum wattage, full disasembly for cleaning, air silencer, collection cup drain, highly adjustable gate valve and of course made completely in the USA. Want more? How about free shipping and the famous Grey Seas support with one year warranty. What are you waiting for?

Technical Data:
Tank Rating: Up to 200 gallons
Footprint: 7.5"x11.5"
Height: 22"
Air Draw : 900lph
Pump: Sicce PSK 2500 with meshwheel
Chamber Diameter 6"
Neck diameter: 4"
Collection Cup Drain: Standard
Air Silencer: Standard
For in sump use: 6"-8" depth
Warranty: 1 year

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice. This will be a great skimmer I think for the $$.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mojo, thanks. We are really excited about this skimmer. We have been playing with variations of the design for about 8 months now. I got a fantastic deal on 100pc of the 6" diameter acrylic so we were finally able to put together this skimmer for a very reasonable price.

roscoe, thanks :)

We put a larger high res picture on the front page of the site today. First shipments expected to leave in 10 days.....

Grey Seas Aquatics

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the design of the pump being inside of the skimmer. This allows for a smaller foot print for those that dont have much space in there refugium/sump. Nice!

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan,

That looks great. Have a few questions.

1. How much clearance does it need to remove the collection cup? My stand is low at about a little under 23".

2. Any issues with restarting on that Sicce? I've heard of a few folks needing to turn or give the pump a shake in order for it to restart. Maybe a little difficult to do that since the pump is inside the body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gioNVA,

1. The 22" height in the spec is the total height of the skimmer including the 1/2" required to remove collection cup.

2. Restart issues with the PSK are only problematic when you start pushing the pump to it's limits. We decided to modify our Sicce pumps with reliability in mind rather than trying to push the air draw envelope. The result is a balanced skimmer that is very reliable to the end user.

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan,

2. Any issues with restarting on that Sicce? I've heard of a few folks needing to turn or give the pump a shake in order for it to restart. Maybe a little difficult to do that since the pump is inside the body.

I was thinking the exact same thing... Once my Sicce's hit 5 months, neither would restart without a lot of work.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sicce pump when modified correctly is actually quite reliable. The pump has very little starting torque and uses a clutch type impeller to get the inertia it needs for start up. The most common reason for start up issues is too much drag on the impeller which stalls the pump. This usually happens from the impeller having the incorrect amount of mesh (trying to push the envelope of air draw) or buildup on the venturi causing the pump to try and pull more water than air. We used a larger 3/8" airline and put the venturi on the outside of the skimmer to keep the maintenance of cleaning the air intake simple.

Vangogh121, shoot me a email with more info about who you got your pumps from and I can offer some advice on how you can get them running like new again.

If should be noted though, if long term reliability of this pump was an issue no manufacture would select it for skimmer use regardless if used internally or externally.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make the masses happy we decided to include all parts to make the pump run internal or external. Obviously the footprint is a little bigger if you decide to run the pump outside the skimmer but if you have room.....

4047015015_a3d81cedf9_o.jpg

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice way to overcome an objection! Looks like a good skimmer.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a cone body that is suitable for an Askoll 1500? I have the pump on another skimmer now and would like to get just the cone body down the road for it.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a cone body that is suitable for an Askoll 1500? I have the pump on another skimmer now and would like to get just the cone body down the road for it.

GS2 was tested with the 1500 and if run in 6" water can handle it.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any way to see the skimmer in action ? i am in the hunt for a new skimmer . was thinking of going with the Bermuda , but your skimmer looks like it might do the trick

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey did you make anything like this for a 80 gallon tank?

AlexStinson beat me too the answer. You would be happy with the C6 on a 80. While it is a bit of overkill it is not completely over the top. I would say a well stocked 80-90 gallon tank would however be the smallest tank you would want to run this skimmer on.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any way to see the skimmer in action ? i am in the hunt for a new skimmer . was thinking of going with the Bermuda , but your skimmer looks like it might do the trick

I have one running in the sump of my personal 400g display right now. Give me a day and I will get a few pics up.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back