Simple Diy 1000ml dosing reservoir for All for Reef

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am about to switch my tank over from 2 part to All for Reef. I wanted to make a simple reservoir that can also act as a mixing container as well. I figured a 32oz Nalgene water bottle would make a great reservoir since it also has measurements in metric and has enough extra space for mixing.
IMG_0157.jpeg
I ordered myself a green one off EBay for $10. I also got a 1/4” push connect bulkhead for $4, a piece of 1/4 acrylic tube for $3 and some colored silicone tubing for $6 from BRS. So far $23 total invested.

I drilled out the lid with with a step drill to fit the bulkhead fitting and melted a tiny vent hole in the top with a red hot needle.
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg

I then proceeded to thread the bulkhead fitting in and measured where I need to cut the acrylic tubing at so that it sits just up from the bottom.
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0161.jpeg

And tada! You have a $23 1000ml dosing reservoir. Not only is it inexpensive, you can also get extra nalgene bottles and have them ready to go. Just swap the caps.. easy peasy! There is also a 48oz version that uses the same lid so you can upgrade if needed and the bottles come in many different colors.
IMG_0163.jpeg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool project!!! I have used those RODI bulkheads (forget the actual name for those things) on tupperware to make top off containers before and they work great!!!

The Nalgene bottles are cool too cause you could use different colors for different stuff!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back