Single LED to cover 30" x 19" x 16"

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AIO tanks are great but they sometimes take some compromises.

I've seen this question a few times, "help me light my IM 50 Lagoon" but I'd like to further specify, "help me light my IM 50 Lagoon with a single LED fixture".

Currently I have two AI Prime 16s. Due to equipment in the chambers mounting options are limited. And I just discovered that my placement of the lights caused a bad hotspot right where I put my new monti cap. Hopefully not too much damage done (definitely some damage done).

Long story short, I'd like to switch to a single light fixture that I can mount centrally (no worry about removing the Primes since I'll happily throw one on my nano and the other on a QT tank). I'd like to stick with LEDs. Ceiling mounting is not an option. I'd also like to keep the mount on the back of the tank to avoid any interference with the lid.

Mostly keeping LPS and Softies with a few easier SPS.

Part of the challenge seems to be the shallow depth of the tank at 16" combined with a length of 30".

I was surprised when Ecotech recommended a single XR15G5 for my tank (I'd been considering a single XR30G5 but was afraid it would fry everything).

Looking for any other suggestions and experiences.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap but an XR30 Blue is what I have on a 24 cube. No worry of too much light because you can control par and spectrum. with the Mobius App

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back