Single or limited species displays? What do you think? (photos)

Ernie Mccracken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reefers are more into the Noah's Ark approach and maximize diversity as much as possible, but a few are really into one species or one type of coral.

Would you ever do an aquascape like one of these?

jLdTxNI.jpeg

iCVjXnH.png

Come back!
prkIOGF.jpeg

Ok this one is cheating a little, but still..
8OIBWx3.png

7PNnV7g.png

Z3MXvBU.png

T4Qi9lj.png

5TO02Pj.png

klyqkXu.png

QeadEFL.png

EyhwFvw.png

EmNmuOW.png

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fond of species specific tanks.

Last edited:

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ever get new tanks to add to my collection, I would have each one of them a different scape.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go that route with planted tanks all the time (one or two species of plants).....not sure if I would be able to to with reef tanks though. I do think a 100% monti tank would look cool.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do this myself... I have a nano anemone only tank and a nano mushroom tank (specifically discosoma/Jawbreakers), and I'm getting ready to do a nano acro (smoothies only) tank.

Nano tanks make it much easier to stick to one "theme". There just isn't enough room to go too crazy adding all sorts of stuff. :D

My larger tank is going to be an "LPS tank" with all different varieties of LPS, though.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is similar to eco reef one. But following a similar setup to jake adams setup. Elegance currently. Waiting on a red/pink gonni and may add a few more. Such as torch or long tentacle plate, or other. But dont want to go over 5. Want room to grow. Moved coral to left side now.
1000002400.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back