• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Skimz Monster DC 253 10" protein skimmer

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about switching over to a reef octopus skimmer so I can have the float switch in the collection cup because ive been too busy for my tank recently and have been finding my collection cup overflowing all too often.

This skimmer is a 10" diameter beast of a skimmer. I am the original owner and have been using it for I believe around 2-3 years. I actually think its closer to 2. Everything works great. Retail on this skimmer was $689.95 Looking for $400 OBO.

I'm located in Staten Island, NY. Prefer local pickup but able to ship as well at cost.

Specs below.

SKIMZ SM253 Monzter DC-Series - In Sump Protein Skimmer with DC Pump

Classic Monzter E skimmer body now fitted with latest in DC skimmer pump technology.

Skimz VSC (variable speed control) DC pumps are completely controllable, the air intake and water throughput can be adjusted via the controller. Protein skimmers can now take full advantage of variable speed pump technology to control the speed (RPM) of the pump.

No feed pump required, skimmer draws water directly from sump.

Technical Data:

* Skimmer pump: Controlable Skimz VSC-10000-DC (6 settings)
* Power consumption: 25W - 69W
* Air intake: 1,200 - 2,400 l/h

Dimension:

* L 291mm (11.7") x W 291mm (11.7") x H 575mm (23")
* Skimmer body diameter (mm): 250mm (10")
* For Aquariums: 1,000 - 3,000 litres (266 - 800 gal.)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back