Smaller Clown Stealing All The Food

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two clowns about a week ago, they have great color, and I’m really happy with my purchase. They have an incredible amount of energy and are really funny to watch. The larger one will ride the current across the tank and the swim back to the wave maker, and my smaller clown has some sort of obsession with trying to eat my feather duster. I feed frozen mysis and ORA pellets once a day. Whenever I feed the larger clown sits back while the smaller clown goes nuts eating every piece of food in the tank. My larger one has only gotten a little bit of food in the last few days. The smaller one eats the large pellets that are meant for him too. They are both healthy however I’m concerned long term this could be an issue. Has anybody experienced something similar?

9C1C7543-513F-48DA-B7A2-665EC4CEF45E.jpeg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a greedy porcupine puffer that would only allow the other fish to eat if it's own mouth was already full. Maybe drop some food on the far side of the tank for the little guy and while he's distracted feed the other clown

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smaller one is the male and the larger one the female. I wouldn’t worry about the male’s behaviour, they live in a matriarchy and it is definitely the female who rules the roost. All he is trying to do is prove to her he is a worthy mate. If she wants some of his food she will take it, don’t worry about that.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back