Some LPS coral are Closed/Melting

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But my other LPS have been doing fine it’s mostly the ones on the right side. Today I lost my acan and my sps has been melting. I think it’s an algae issue because hair algae has been growing on my frags which much be killing them but there’s corals that even even have algae near them and are still melting.
ive had problems like that with algae pretty much taking corals over do you have a phosphate test or nitrate its weird sometimes ive had hammers get brown jelly/polyp bailout and have other hammers right next to them and be fine and like you i never tested my phosphate untill one day got a hanna and if i remember correct is was at 0.64ppm my new tank with a sump is sitting at about 0.08 atm i wouldnt feed more without knowing what the levels are

OP
OP
danverra

danverra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More detectable nitrate and phosphates. Youre there with the phos already.
I think I figured out my problem. Around the time I switched the light I also added sowm mangroves. I forgot to mention it before. That might have been contributing to the low phosphates and nitrates. I removed them and put them on my seahorse tank.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If algae is out of control, the favias and platys will close up. Make sure to get that under control too. Rip clean if needed. I did it often on my 40g/20g until the UAS kicked in. Now I do not have to rip clean, just pick off algae spots. Much better.
Keep working on it.
If you had brown jelly, you can dip your corals in a bath of antibiotics for up to 4 hrs. I was able to save some lps this way when the infection began in my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back