Something Crazy Happened With My Coraline In a Bottle!!!

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it especially crazy and weird that ONE NIGHT after adding my coraline in a bottle (purple helix from amazon) I ALREADY have distinctly attached “pimples” of coraline on my glass...I have about 3

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So funny you mentioned this. I just decided to try the ARC Purple Helix and Pink. Should arrive soon. Just had to scrub all rocks and re-set all aquascape because of an hair algae outbreak. I am fishless, so no idea where stuff is coming from. I think my salt. I have since changed salts and will hopefully begin to see improvement. Takes time with 280g.

I hope mine works fast too. It is suppose to contain actual coralline (CCA) instead of just the trace elements to encourage it. Super excited to try both kinds.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So funny you mentioned this. I just decided to try the ARC Purple Helix and Pink. Should arrive soon. Just had to scrub all rocks and re-set all aquascape because of an hair algae outbreak. I am fishless, so no idea where stuff is coming from. I think my salt. I have since changed salts and will hopefully begin to see improvement. Takes time with 280g.

I hope mine works fast too. It is suppose to contain actual coralline (CCA) instead of just the trace elements to encourage it. Super excited to try both kinds.
It does have real flakes of coralline...the funny thing is that I had just filled my tank...then I figured “what the heck” and there in about 1/4 of bottle and I Already have pimples!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Does anyone have any thoughts on how this is possible as the bottle says it takes 6-8 weeks?
Did you shake it and shake it well ?? Sounds like clumps from solution.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back