Something eating my Xenia's?

Tenaculum

Padawan Learner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently decided to add some corals to my tank. Started with Xenias and green star polyps. I have put several xenias in the tank and within days, they are gone... I got a new batch and put them in the overflow box where they did great and pulsed the whole time. Recently, I made a small shelf for frags and relocated them there. Overnight, they have vanished. Several of the frags were knocked off the shelf as well. I think some of the fish may be eating them. I have several damsels: a solid yellow one, a kind of pink one that looks like the yellow, a yellow with a couple of black stripes and a large one that started whitish and is now solid purple. Also have yellow tang, and clownfish. Snails and hermits to clean up. Is it possible some of these damsels are eating the xenias? Green star polyp also seemed to suffer when I put it out in the open. I am not particularly attached to these damsels and will get rid of them if this is the case. If so,any idea how I can catch them short of taking all the rock out of the tank? They are agressive towards any fish i put in there.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Angel fish that eats polyps like candy.I have never seen a damsel do this but that seems to be the most likely culprit.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back