Southern Oregon Reefers BBQ/ 1st local club meeting July 12th

mofrags

stupid and happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After wanting to be a part of a local club I have decided to kick start our meetings with a Rogue Valley Reefers BBQ. Your thoughts and help would be appreciated. The BBQ will take place at my house in Ashland on July 12th. Jody from TEC will be giving a background reef talk and will be open for Q and A from the people there. I may still try to find someone else to talk but don't know for sure. It will be a bring something for the grill, and a potluck item a-g salad, h-o side dish and p-z desert or something like that. BYOB from 3-7 p.m. ish. From talking to others there are a couple existing reefclubs that are not meeting right now and to make sure everyone passionate about the hobby is more than welcome, or as to not step on any current clubs toes, so to speek, the gathering will be called the first annual RVARC BBQ. (RVARC Rogue Valley Associated Reef Clubs) Just a thought that the other existing clubs could link under one regional gathering, maybe 6 times a year in time... We have a nice fenced back yard for kids ect... Hope that this will be fun

reply and pm ect as I am trying to get an estimate on people coming

michael
[email protected]

below is a link to the local forum. please log on and become a member(its free), say hi, ask some questions....

http://jcreefbuddies.com/

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you know you wont be stepping on any toes I kinda started a club a few years back but it has since died out so I hope you can make a go of it ill let everyone I know about it but should be fun eithier way.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a little suggestion would be eithier just have people bring side dishes and do somthing cheap like hot dogs or burgers as most folks may be a little intimadated by bring there own stuff to cook on your grill and you could always just make it after 5 and just do chips and dip and soft drinks and if you want it to be a dry meeting you might mention that as well as some folks may bring beer but up to you the less complicated the better.

OP
OP
mofrags

mofrags

stupid and happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we'll figure it out, beer is fine if you want a beer, as long as your not a lush. I was mostly figuring people would bring stuff like hamburgers, dogs, maybe some chicken or something. I can always have a little stuff on hand for people who can't pitch in.. We will as least make a big pot of chile and corn bread for people to share if they need. I was just thinking more of a party so the locals can mingle and meet, establish a club e-mail list and get things started. If the BBQ thing dosn't work for some reason, if it is too complicated we can always simplify it.

BBQ's have just always been a fun way for me to socialize, I hope others like them to.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back