Sponges nonphotosynthetic gorgonians and Macroalgae

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to setup a tank w sponges nonphotosynthetic gorgonians, tubeworms. Any one w Ideas Filtration , feeding etc. chime in and post pic if you have them w successes. Please give advice etc. do u Just skim/ use carbon ect ?. Any info would be great. Thanks in Advance.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO most sponges (99% of them anyway) are nearly impossible to keep alive in a reef aquarium.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my NPS tank. There are sponges, feather dusters, coco worms, nps gorgs, cerianthus anemones, a spiny oyster and a bunch of other stuff. The set up is old school. The tank has been running for twenty years. There is no skimmer and filtration is nothing but the original wet dry filter with bio balls. More critters have been added since this picture was taken.
IMG_1287.jpg

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my NPS tank. There are sponges, feather dusters, coco worms, nps gorgs, cerianthus anemones, a spiny oyster and a bunch of other stuff. The set up is old school. The tank has been running for twenty years. There is no skimmer and filtration is nothing but the original wet dry filter with bio balls. More critters have been added since this picture was taken.
IMG_1287.jpg

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a bag of carbon in the filter. The less that I do, the better everything does. The sponges are around a year old and growing. If I do too many water changes, the sponges look a little crappy, but they come back. There are at least three feedings a day. Different size food is important, different critters eat different size food. Sponges need tiny food while mysis and frozen brine shrimp go to the Dendros, sun corals and nems

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back