SPS not looking good all of a sudden

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have just noticed that some of my SPS is not looking normal. I have my Pikachu all of a sudden the middle part has no polyps showing and also some other sps are not showing as usual. I noticed also my zoas were full covering the rock and now they look like half disappeared.

P04: 0.05
N03: 9.0
Cal: 480
Mag:1350
KH 8.0

Photos attached

att.jIiCKVfJOOWgdimDMxeuwx-soM-LJW_tHV7XdcJQXgQ.jpg att.lxEyTALKX5HKWwPgrBZrDZu7Id9MmcXv84kkGLR1x0s.jpg att.n8-2HDGxLCdYWswiRog-kALNA2OzmRUuhn7BhyzYnC4.jpg att.8HNq7IkSotFbgFXQ9QlvNf6Px3JoXri4orVm6XnpBVI.jpg att.Eub93eeQQ4IQY3xngNIDSuoj4hPFEFOaVAUVgfyEqMU.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The numbers you’ve posted look good to me. Have you had a recent change in lighting or flow? Do you have a new critter? Can you check ammonia in the event that you’ve had a spike? Are you using tap water or RODI?

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The numbers you’ve posted look good to me. Have you had a recent change in lighting or flow? Do you have a new critter? Can you check ammonia in the event that you’ve had a spike? Are you using tap water or RODI?
RODI TDS 0
Lighting I changed the schedule to a much powerful one for like half a day and reverted back as it elevated my tank temp

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, exactly. What I meant wasn't clear.
You had more growth, that growth inhibits the flow, the inhibited flow equals less flow to the coral.
Sometimes you have to up your flow because of growth.
but could that have effected the corals decrease in flow? the zoas are at the bottom and you can see the difference, the pikachu and the other green one are right next to the mp40s so they have enough flow I believe

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit over a week ago and was for less than a day as I reverted back
Looks like your tank is pretty stable and acros can be particularly sensitive to changes in lighting so I can see how a “sunburn” effect might show up a few days after such a change.

Unfortunately I would just keep an eye out and add some carbon in the event that something unwanted that you can’t test for got into your tank.

Good luck! Let us know whether things change.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back