Starting over with a new biocube 32g, and I want to aquascape it right this time!

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I'm looking for advice on the best place to order dry live rock from. I currently have the Fluval Evo 13.5g, but I'm moving soon and am going to take the opportunity to upgrade to a larger AIO tank- a BioCube 32g. I'm very excited because the biocube is more of a vertical tank than the fluval, so I can build up somewhat with my aquascape. I'm really hoping to get some kind of interesting arch or curve in my rocks for visual reasons and also the possibility to have more levels to my reef.

So, what kind of rock do you suggest and where should I get it from? Also, how many pounds of sand do you think for a 32g biocube? I'm leaning towards 20-30, but I want to have a pistol shrimp that can dig so I need it to be deep enough for him. Thanks!

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the upgrade. With rock I guess the first decision if you want live rock or dry. There are pros and cons with both. If your in Lansing I would give Preuss pets a call and see what they have in stock. Online you can go with BRS, Marine depot. Premium aquatics etc. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
Zoe’s Reef

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the upgrade. With rock I guess the first decision if you want live rock or dry. There are pros and cons with both. If your in Lansing I would give Preuss pets a call and see what they have in stock. Online you can go with BRS, Marine depot. Premium aquatics etc. Happy reefing!

Thank you! Preuss has been amazing so far, but I will be moving a couple hours away from them. I could make the occasional trip back up to Lansing, but am also exploring online options. I'm planning on going with dry rock, then adding my own bacteria to deal with less hitchhikers. I'll probably go to Preuss and see what they have in person first. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back