Strange naso behavior and occasional color changes (dark)

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with a fish doing something like this? He's eating like a pig and has periods of calmness / normalness but this is present for 2 days now.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with a fish doing something like this? He's eating like a pig and has periods of calmness / normalness but this is present for 2 days now.

I think he is fighting his reflection. Our fishy friends aren't too great at realizing its just themselves in the mirror lol

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think he is fighting his reflection. Our fishy friends aren't too great at realizing its just themselves in the mirror lol
He just started doing this and the glass is as clean / dirty as before. I've had mirrors when I was introducing all of the tangs and the behavior was similar but not exactly the same, then again the mirror was small.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just started doing this and the glass is as clean / dirty as before. I've had mirrors when I was introducing all of the tangs and the behavior was similar but not exactly the same, then again the mirror was small.
Sometimes it takes time for them to start, if he is otherwise healthy and the tank params are fine I wouldn't worry

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at his beak, he is sizing it and trying to grapple and faint, I think your guy is just a little diva lol

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks all! Yes he is very fat and happy. I've had him since he was about 1/2" big and now he's starting to grow streamers, or is very close to it. He's seriously so fat compared to before lol. My daughter named him waffles because he eats like she eats her waffles, hilarious. He's the biggest eater in the tank and generally the most calm until the nori goes in. This behavior was not typical and worried me, but for now it seems like a wait and see situation.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back