Stubborn Hippo

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I feel like I have read every fish illness article on r2r and I still don’t know what to do about this hippo.

He has been in qt for 2 months.
He has been treated with
Cupramine at .5 for 14 days then transferred to a new qt 10 feet away.
In the new qt he was treated with two rounds of prazi 7 days apart.
I believe the two little white tufts on him are lympho as they haven’t changed the entire time I’ve had him but these black dots look like little holes from something eating him and they are not changing.
I fresh water dipped him and nothing came off
I did paraguard for 7 days and that did nothing.
I have now had him in melafix for 6 days to see if it’s bacterial and to help the little wounds (if that’s what they are) close but beyond this I have no idea what to do and I really want to see this guy fly in my 420 gallon display.
He isn’t scratching ( he was before prazi) and his appetite is great. He twitches a little bit but I think that’s because he’s ticked off about being in a 20 gallon tank.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much.

B61FB9B6-7123-4AFB-BD91-86F8876D289F.jpeg

NeedMoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lymphocystis can be scrapped off, black dot freshwater dipped. If he continues to eat well, he should be a ok during QT. good luck.

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I brought my hippo home he came down with a case of Ich, so I added a few drops of Selcon to the fish food and also fed some medicated spirulina flake from Brineshrimpdirect.com.with. Within two weeks the ich was gone. To this day I still add a few drops of Selcon to my fish food every few to my food to keep my fish healthy and fat.

OP
OP
LDH

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I brought my hippo home he came down with a case of Ich, so I added a few drops of Selcon to the fish food and also fed some medicated spirulina flake from Brineshrimpdirect.com.with. Within two weeks the ich was gone. To this day I still add a few drops of Selcon to my fish food every few to my food to keep my fish healthy and fat.
I am a big fan of selcon and use it regularly. Cheers

OP
OP
LDH

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lymphocystis can be scrapped off, black dot freshwater dipped. If he continues to eat well, he should be a ok during QT. good luck.
Thanks for your reply... I’ve done fresh water dips... they don’t go away. I’m in month 2 of qt now.

Back