Sudden Alk Rise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit stumped on this one. Using the Trident and have had really steady Alkalinity readings for couple months (right around 9.5-9.6. It's tested 3 times a day. Suddenly overnight, it jumped to 13.97 and has been slowly declining over the course of the 3 tests today? Could it really be that big of a jump over night?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should test 4 times a day minimum. 2 things, check how low reagent is and also make sure the intake line isn’t slightly plugged. If it’s not filling the chamber enough it will give a stupid high reading. Happened to me twice since owning it. The line will not be plugged solid just some gunk in there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should test 4 times a day minimum. 2 things, check how low reagent is and also make sure the intake line isn’t slightly plugged. If it not filling the chamber enough it will give stupid high reading. Happened to me twice since owning it. The line will not be plugged solid just some gunk in there.
Man, thank you! I think you've nailed it. Fusion was reading that I had 34% left in the reagent A bottle, but I just checked and it was empty. Replacing and priming now. Hoping this clears it up.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was definitely the issue. Levels back to normal on Trident reading. Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back