Swirl marks/haze on brand new Reefer 350

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FiveGallonSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at a loss here and I'm looking for any direction possible. I will be contacting Red Sea come Monday. I have a one month old Reefer 350 and the front and right side glass are filled with swirl marks and haze all of a sudden after cleaning the tan the same way I have for years with my previous Red Sea tank too. The weird thing is the left side glass is not affected in any way. The swirls are only seen if a light is flashed at the tank with the lights off and they are everywhere. I can't help but suspect that this is a defect. I've tried to capture it in some photos but it is so much worse than what the photos show.

Does anyone have any insight on this? My first gen didn't have anything like this. Just the wonderful seam failure.

tempImagexahsr2.png tempImagePHpGyr.png tempImageR3Bggn.png tempImageYkikn4.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has the metal blade but I don’t even use it. I just use the felt side to clean the glass and manually clean near the sad bed.
Try going over the same areas with the metal blade. I found I ended up with lots of swirls, etc. when just relying on the plastic blades.

OP
OP
FiveGallonSea

FiveGallonSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update this thread. I have resolved the swirls with some elbow grease and the tank is back to looking good but I now have another problem I'm currently trying to work out with Red Sea. When it rains it pours.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back