Switching from 2 part to Kalkwasser what trace if any?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can go with Tropic Marin bailing, which is Pro Coral A-, Pro Coralk K+, and Part C... this combo will balance out your alk and calcium from you kalk dosing.
This combo would go with his current dosing of 2 part. The part c balances the mix as salinity rises and water is removed.

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do Kalk (ACI method) in a 10 gallon tub hooked up to a kamoer X1 Pro T doser, dose my daily evaporation rate (3460 ml) daily, overnight when lights are off..

Fill your container with 1 teaspoon per gallon of rodi water...hand mix for about a couple minutes...than cover and let it settle..after all that than it's ready for dosing.

For trace elements, you can do this a couple ways. You can use all for reef,but closely monitor alk and calcium as it adds both, or you can go with Tropic Marin bailing, which is Pro Coral A-, Pro Coralk K+, and Part C... this combo will balance out your alk and calcium from you kalk dosing. You can also look at Fauna Marin Multi Elements A and B which is another 2-part Trace Element supplement similar to TM bailing...allot of reefers in Europe swear by it...

Check out this video on Chris ACI kalk dosing method...https://youtu.be/mXyXj1ft2ZE?si=oGleMPlVEKHfCSD4

Plenty other videos on YouTube about this method of kalk dosing...hope this helps!
1 teaspoon per gallon. I've read 1 teaspoon per liter

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will reiterate that the way aci uses kalkwasser (dosing based on pH and not alk) should not be blindly followed. It can lead to problems in tanks not similar to those used at aci. I strongly advise folks to measure and control alkalinity when using any alkalinity or pH adjusting chemicals.
Agreed...I dont base kalk dosing strictly on PH. I look at both, my apex is set to turn off doser when it hits 8.4 PH or 11 dkh.

My reference to ACI's method was how kalk is being delivered kalk reservoir vs kalk reactor. Both alk/cal should be closely monitored and adjusted for the first couple of weeks as your tanks perameters stabalizes.

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 teaspoon per gallon. I've read 1 teaspoon per liter
1000002311.jpg

1 teaspoon per gallon....

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reference to ACI's method was how kalk is being delivered kalk reservoir vs kalk reactor. Both alk/cal should be closely monitored and adjusted for the first couple of weeks as your tanks perameters stabalizes.

Well, that’s hardly an aci idea. Folks were doing exactly that long before I started dosing kalk from a settled reservoir in 1991.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good.
Alk is now 10.3 too low for 449 calc?
PH 8.2
Calc 449
No more dosing 2 part. Will leave to settle a few days and see where things land

IMO, alk can be set independent of the calcium value.

Back