T5 bulb combo?

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and ordered lighting today. Went with 6 t5's for the 75 and 4 t'5s for the 60. And then I realized I wasnt sure what color ati bulbs to go with. What bulbs have you used for 6 and 4 bulb setups and what was the overall look? I was going to post this in the lighting forum but Im more asking from an aesthetics perspective than PAR.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and ordered lighting today. Went with 6 t5's for the 75 and 4 t'5s for the 60. And then I realized I wasnt sure what color ati bulbs to go with. What bulbs have you used for 6 and 4 bulb setups and what was the overall look? I was going to post this in the lighting forum but Im more asking from an aesthetics perspective than PAR.
It depends if you like more white or more blue.
4-bulbs = 2-blue plus - 1 actinic - 1 coral plus is a good combo. Not blue to my eyes, but not extremely white.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I had T5s, I often used blue plus and coral plus. Here is a video that you may find helpful (especially at 2:25+):

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back