T5 or AI Hydra 26

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 20 gallon long with 2 Nicrew 30 watt lights on it. I’m not too sure whether they’re doing a good job though. My Florida Ricordea looks like it’s losing color in the center and I’m not sure if they happens naturally.It is fully open though. I was thinking about going with T5 but I wanted to know what you guys would reccomend. If I do go with t5 are there any fixtures that hang on the back of the aquarium?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’ve been in the hobby I have had all generations of the AI Prime, a Hydra 26, a Radion, and a 6 bulb tek light. I would take the T5s all day every day and maybe add a reefbrite supplement. That said if you’re not keeping any super demanding corals, two primes would definitely do that trick on a 20 long. I have had a lot of success keeping zoas and LPS with the primes

OP
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’ve been in the hobby I have had all generations of the AI Prime, a Hydra 26, a Radion, and a 6 bulb tek light. I would take the T5s all day every day and maybe add a reefbrite supplement. That said if you’re not keeping any super demanding corals, two primes would definitely do that trick on a 20 long. I have had a lot of success keeping zoas and LPS with the primes
what bulbs would you reccomend? Thank you.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what bulbs would you reccomend? Thank you.
It’s been a while since I’ve had a T5 but I used KZ bulbs and Geismann (probably spelled that wrong). ATI makes good bulbs as well. Unfortunately I don’t remember the combo but there are definitely plenty of other members who can steer you in the right direction with that

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’m thinking about going with ai primes the only problem is that it comes out to almost $500.
2 light bars are around $300.
Good bang for your buck.
They run 5 watt leds at 50%.
Worth checking out.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back