Tank upgrade - would you keep those corals ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m probably going from a 75 gallons sumpless to a 110 gallons + sump. I need to figure out what I do with the GSP and (non-pulsing) xenia now, before I transfer everything.

I like how the GSP makes the tank pop and how the xenia gives the rock height and movement. The GSP will be hard to control (my fault, I let it grow on the rock) but the xenia can be plucked, although kind of a pain.

My favorite corals are hammers are torches for now, and my goal is to have lots of them, along with other colorful softies and somewhere down the line, try some sticks. I have one small bird’s nest as a test now that’s doing okay and I really like it, so I would like some more similar corals. So a mixed tank, mostly LPS and softies.

What would you do ?

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote keep. Isolate them better in next tank and should t have any issues

Someshmuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep gsp, it encrusts so its manageable to control. drop your xenia for torches, hammers, goniopora, or alveopora. I've still got xenia polyps popping up here and there and i terminated my xenia colony a year ago.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep gsp, it encrusts so its manageable to control. drop your xenia for torches, hammers, goniopora, or alveopora. I've still got xenia polyps popping up here and there and i terminated my xenia colony a year ago.
How do you control your GSP when it’s embedded on a rock ?

Someshmuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you control your GSP when it’s embedded on a rock ?
keep the rock they're on seperate from your main rock structure. preferably spaced away with sand on the bottom. scrape off and give/sell/dispose of the gsp that is attempting to colonize your main rock structure.

in the transfer just scrape them off your main rock structure and glue them to your back wall. If theres a gap they cant really get to your rocks and you can have that flowy green background.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back